Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sammy Hagar Burning Bridges In His New Autobiography, "Red: My Uncensored Life In Rock"

A four-and-a-half-minute promotional video for legendary rocker Sammy Hagar's upcoming autobiography, "Red: My Uncensored Life In Rock", can be viewed below.

Here´s a couple of short excerpts from "Red: My Uncensored Life In Rock", which is due on March 15th:

On David Lee Roth:

"I hated Dave. The guy rubbed me wrong. I'm sure I rub all kinds of people wrong, so it's not like I'm putting him down. The guy was a great front man, great attitude in rock, and had an image from hell, but I just couldn't stand the guy. He was the opposite of what I believed in and what I am. First of all, the guy's not a great singer and he acts like he's the coolest, hottest guy in the world when, to me, he looks gay."

On David Lee Roth and the Van Halen reunion tour in 2003:

"I hadn't seen him in 10 years. He looked like he hadn't bathed in a week. He certainly hadn't changed his clothes in at least that long. He wasn't wearing a shirt. He had on a giant overcoat and army pants, tattered and ripped at the cuffs, held up with a piece of rope. I'd never seen him so skinny in my life. He was missing a number of teeth and the ones he had left were black. His boots were so worn out he had gaffer's tape wrapped around them and his big toe still stuck out."


Honest and compelling, Hagar's account spares no one, least of all himself. Hagar's autobiography reveals the inside story of one of rock music's most recognizable voices, from his humble beginnings in the town of Fontana, California, to his incredible business success with Cabo Wabo Tequila and the Cabo Wabo Cantinas. The book was co-authored byJoel Selvin, longtime pop music writer for the San Francisco Chronicle. (Blabbermouth)

No comments:

Post a Comment