Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Black Country Communion To Start Recording Of New Studio Album




The members of Black Country Communion will gather this coming Sunday, June 10 to begin work on their third album. Hughes states on Twitter, "I'm excited to play my songs to the guys and hear what the lads have been workin' on."
 

"With this next album, I've had the luxury of being able to write for six months," Hughes recently told GuitarWorld.com. "With the first album I had six weeks, and the second one was about four months. But I've had a lot more time to write this one. If you look at Joe's schedule, he doesn't even have time to wipe his nose. I've been left as the keeper of the keys to write these albums."

In a recent interview with Artisan News, Hughes stated about  Black Country Communion 's musical evolution, "We just did two albums back to back, both successful records. And our live DVD is out now.

"We're really, really happy with the progress of where we're going musically. So we're sort of on course now."

Regarding the sound of the forthcoming  Black Country Communion CD, Hughes said, "It's kind of a continuation… There's gonna be some darker stuff on there, because the lyrics I'm writing are kind of dark. There may be some moments of drama in there - I like drama in the music. So the songs I have ready are definitely a continuation of [the first and the second albums]." 

No comments:

Post a Comment