Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Monday, February 11, 2013

Black Sabbath: New Album Sounds Like Satanic Blues, According to Ozzy Osbourne; Video Snippet From Studio Posted



Although Ozzy Osbourne describes the new album as "Satanic blues," Iommi's illness isn't the only thing that's changed about Sabbath. Osbourne admits he is no longer the "crazy, raging alcoholic drug addict" he was during the making of his last Sabbath record, 1978's "Never Say Die". ("It should've been called I Wish I Was Dead," he grumbles.) And even a new Sabbath song like the provocatively titled "God Is Dead" takes an unexpected turn. "It starts off, 'God is dead,'" Osbourne says, before adding a bit wistfully, "but at the end it says, 'I don't believe that God is dead.'"


Read the full story here.


In a nod to their roots, tracks like "End Of The Beginning" and "Age of Reason" stretch out to as long as eight minutes. "I don't know what's going on in the music world," Osbourne says. "My wife mentions bands to me and I don't know what the fuck she's talking about. We just do what we always did." 


Always-controversial producer Rick Rubin wanted Cream drummer Ginger Baker to replace Bill Ward in Black Sabbath, guitarist Tony Iommi has revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment