Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Megadeth: "Kingmaker"; New Song Streaming


Dave Mustaine was interviewed for the cover story in the June 2013 issue of U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Metal Hammer: Is there a tiny part of you that enjoys provocation?

Mustaine: No, I don't say things to get a reaction. The stuff that I write about is important to me. Some of the subjects on "Peace Sells…" are still relevant, particularly environmental issues. And the personal stuff is relevant. I've written songs about loss and pain - everyone goes through that so, no, I'm not being provocative. We actually have fun songs too. If you're pissed off, the title track on "Super Collider" or "Symphony Of Destruction" might make you feel better.

Metal Hammer: Your mischievous sense of humour and interview rhetoric seems like it has always bordered on the self-destructive?

Mustaine: Yeah, and it doesn't translate well, does it? Probably the biggest thing that has harmed my career is being misunderstood, but is it better to be understood or to understand? I understand much more now, so I'm less inclined to be preaching or complaining about being misquoted now. There are people who love me and people who don't, but everyone's entitled. I have love in my heart for both. I don't get mad about the people who dislike me. You can get obsessed with that. Someone doesn't like me? Tough shit for me!

The new song "Kingmaker" can be streamed in the YouTube clip below. The track comes off the band's new album, "Super Collider", which is scheduled for a June 4 release via Dave Mustaine's new label, Tradecraft:

No comments:

Post a Comment