Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Friday, January 23, 2015

Awesome Album Series #6: JUDAS PRIEST "Sad Wings of Destiny"



I was 7 years when “Sad Wings of Destiny” came out in 1976 - and totally unaware of Judas Priest. My only knowledge of heavy rock was my elder brother`s “Stormbringer” LP.

I first started listening to Priest when I heard the “British Steel” album a few years later. Then I dug up all the previous records - and I loved them! The reason I pick “Sad Wings of Destiny” for my Awesome Album Series, is because it`s awesome :) 




The band had yet to develop the studs-and-leather image that was to become their trademark; instead, they wore contemporary mid-1970s fashions, including high-heeled boots and frilled shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment